FlockFiler Pro Version History
Version 1.2.1, Nov 21, 2016
- Fixed an issue where the List button was not poperly initialized with a default list choice so that it did not work without selecting a List format on a fresh installation.
- Improved the Barn Lambing Sheet list/report so that the column titles appear at the top of each printed page instead of only the first page.
Version 1.2.0, Nov 7, 2016
- Fixed the behavior of the "Save Current as New Page Merge" button and the "Use" button on the Custom Page report screen.
- Fixed the entry for "Date Weaned" in the user-selected field menu used for custom reporting.
- Changed the automatic calculation of Status to be "Removed" when a sheep has a Date Acquired and the value of Location (General) is "Deceased".
- Age of sheep is no longer calculated when the Removal Reason is present but the Removal Date is empty.
- Added the ability for the user to Choose the backup file when using the "Erase and Import from Pro Backup" and "Erase and Import from Lite Backup" features. This makes it easier to import data from a backup file you have stored outside the Backups folder. It also makes it easier to restore from an older versioned file when a newer versioned file is present in the Backups folder.
Added new features to the two List layouts that display checkbox fields
Custom #3 and Custom #4 to assist in rapid data entry.
- Every record with a checkbox marked is shaded in the list to highlight it.
- You can click anywhere on the row to activate the checkbox (except for the buttons on the ends of the row).
- You can mark or unmark many records in a range by clicking one record normally and then holding down the shift key when clicking a second record. All records in the range between the two records will be marked (or unmarked).
- Buttons at the top of the list are provided to let you mark or unmark all records in the current found set.
- A button is provided for you to find all records that are marked.
- A numeric display is provided to show how many records in total are currently marked including ones not in the current found set.
- A user-selectable field is now displayed along with the custom checkbox to make it easier to determine which records need to be marked.
- Added a new list format "Click to pick sheep from a list" to provide for temporary marking of sheep records. The list behaves similarly to the new lists for the Custom #3 and Custom #4 fields except that this doesn't do data lasting entry on the records. These markings will disappear when you Quit FlockFiler Pro. This list screen allows you to generate a found set by selecting records manually and then using the "Find Marked" button.
- Improved the parsing logic for the license e-mail paragraph to make it more robust against e-mail handlers mangling the formatting.
- Added a new function LocalizeDate(theDate) to the calculation engine. This will generate a date in the user's preferred local format, e.g. DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY. This is automatically added to user-selected date fields that are added to Pedigree, Custom List, and Custom page reports. The LocalizeDate() function uses the more general new function FormatDate(theDate; formatString) that allows you to format a date field according to the pattern described in formatString which can be anything that uses YYYY, MM, and DD, e.g. "YYYY-MM-DD".
- Many modifications to provide compatibility with FileMaker 14 used by FlockFiler32.
- Many cosmetic changes.
Version 1.1.2, Dec 10, 2014
- Modified the Mac OX X installer so that it works properly with Mac OS X 10.10. The installed files are unchanged in this version.
Version 1.1.2, Aug 7, 2014
- Modified the Mac OX X installer so that it will work properly with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.9.5 and with later Mac OS X versions that require a newer version of the digital signature. The installed files are unchanged in this version.
Version 1.1.2, June 18, 2014
- Fixed an issue in the Mac OX X installer so that it will work properly with Mac OS X 10.5. The installed files are unchanged in this version.
Version 1.1.2, May 31, 2014
- Fixed an issue in version 1.1.1 where the version 1.1.1 backup file wasn't automatically detected by a new installation. This only affected situations where you reinstall FlockFiler Pro version 1.1.1 and had no previous backup files from earlier versions.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
Version 1.1.1, May 11, 2014
- Can now read in the version 2.1.0 backup file from FlockFiler Lite (in addition to all the other Lite backup files from v2.0.0 to 2.1.1).
- In lambing statistics the Lifetime Adj. Avg. Litter Wt. at 60-days is now the Lifetime Avg. Litter Wt. at 60-days. The adjustment factor was removed so that it uses the estimated weights for the lambs at 60 days of age.
- User Manual Documentation in PDF is now available in the Help menu.
- You can now choose "Not Raised" for the Raised As field to designate lambs that died early.
- The "Show Backups Folder" button, the "Show Images Folder" button, and similar buttons that ask the Windows Explorer to display folders now work more reliably under Microsoft Windows.
- Pregnancy tests are no longer created for non-ewe sheep when generating them from the found set of records.
- Improved the performance of the merge field selection menu so that it keeps up with changes to the names of the custom fields.
- The summary fields that can appear at the bottom of the Advanced Custom List columns now update properly when data in those columns changes due to data entry edits.
- Added pre-defined script variables so that the calculations in the columns in the Advanced Custom List feature can know which column is evaluating the calculation and what the column's header label is.
- Some cosmetic changes
Version 1.1.0, June 15, 2013
- Added the FlockFiler Import Assistant module to the default FlockFiler installation. This provides a tool to assist you in importing or updating sheep records from a spreadsheet.
- The Recalibrate All Record ID Counters script now fills in any missing internal Record IDs as well as resolving any duplicates. This is to resolve issues for users who are not careful when using the Advanced Raw Import feature.
- The Alt the Option key held down when pushing Select to specify a Sire or Dam will let you assign the same Sire or Dam to all of the records you are currently browsing.
- The Alt the Option key held down when pushing Assign Breed on the Breed % screen will let you assign the same breed composition to all of the records you are currently browsing.
- The Wright's Coefficient of Inbreeding is now limited to six decimal places.
- The Genealogy button is now labeled Pedigree.
- The sheep selection pop-up dialog will now accept the Enter key on the numeric keypad as well as the Return/Enter key on the main part of the keyboard to select the top entry in the selection list.
- The sheep selection pop-up dialog will now also search on the Alternate Label when you are filtering the selection.
- Added a display of the number of Log entries and number of Offspring to the Basic screen.
- Flock-It-To-Me export now sends the full pedigree instead of just the dam and sire when you check the box for Pedigree on the "Export a Flock-It-To-Me file" screen. Birth type and Log entries are also now properly exported to the file.
- The Is Private checkbox on Log entries now works to exclude those entries from reports.
- The auto-selected Sire on the Add Offspring dialog screen will reevaluate the Sire choice after you fill in the lambing date to accommodate doing data entry from previous years.
- The output from Lua scripts run from the Scripts/Utilities/Lua Scripts menu can now be specified to be sent to a file, the computer's clipboard, FlockFiler Pro's web page viewer, or FlockFiler Pro's text display.
- Some cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.9, October 3, 2012
- Added menu items "File->Erase and Import from Pro Backup" and "File->Erase and Import from Lite Backup" to provide another way to access to these features.
- Renamed the "File->Import Records" menu item to be "File->Advanced Raw Import". Renamed "File->Export Records" to be "File->Advanced Raw Export". Renaming these is to clarify that these actions provide direct access to the raw data stored in the database and are intended for advanced users only.
- Importing Flock-It-To-Me files with empty date values no longer causes a "?" to appear in the imported date field.
- FAMACHA scores can now be typed in using the FAMACHA letter codes if desired.
- Fixed a bug in the relationship calculation. It wasn't taking into account terms in the denominator of the calculation.
- Sorting by Tag and/or Name now performs a "smarter sort" where all numbers are sorted numerically instead of alphabetically no matter where they appear in the Tag and/or Name.
- Codon values are automatically filled in when they can be determined by the parents' values.
- Now checks for duplicate Registry IDs or duplicate Scrapie Tags when creating new records via the "Select A Sheep" popup dialog.
- Replaced the product-specific FlockFiler plug-in with the more general LuaFy plugin (also a product of Cosmic Consulting).
- Added choice for blank to the Codon and Spider Gene menus.
- Added a button to toggle between using fractions and percentages in the Breed Description.
Version 1.0.8, May 10, 2012
- Sorting by Tag and/or Name now performs a "smart sort" where leading digits are sorted numerically instead of alphabetically.
- Made the Tag(s) field wide enough to accommodate 16-digit numeric IDs.
- Sheep are now listed in sorted order on forms showing records from other tables (e.g. Log).
- Scrapie program reports now list the Name and the additional IDs when present in addition to the Scrapie Tag ID.
- Added a new List format: "Tag/Name, Sex, and Description" which was previosly only in FlockFiler Lite.
- If the inbreeding calculation encounters an impossible pedigree loop (e.g. I'm my own grandfather.), it now reports which record is affected.
- The "Calibrate All Serial Numbers (after Import)" script now automatically fills in any empty Record IDs in addition to resolving any duplicates.
- Added "Fill in Dam and Sire from Import fields" Utility Script to properly fill in cross references. This addresses a bug where cross references aren't filled in properly during a manual import (e.g. importing from a spreadsheet).
- Renamed the "Central" button on the Home screen to "Lite/Pro" to clarify that this is the way to switch between using FlockFiler Lite and FlockFiler Pro.
- The Quit button now lets you quit from the Evaluation Mode's countdown screen.
- Using the menu item Edit-->Copy All Records in the Color table now properly copies the internal Color ID instead of generating a question mark.
- The Owner ID is now one of the items that can be automatically changed when using the Remove Sheep guided interface.
- Corrected label on Ram Measurements section of Measuring aspect of Sheep form to correctly read "Scrotal Circum." instead of "Scrotal Diameter".
- Fixed but in FAMACHA List that affected the display of records when the FEC was empty.
- Added BT/RT (Birth Type/Raised Type) to Basic Info reports.
- Added fields for Color and Coated on the Fleece List.
- Fixed but on "Scrapie Tags" list that prevented it from showing the sheep's Location.
- Fixed bug in Tax Report that prevented it from displaying the transaction date and who the transaction was with.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Transaction on a Receipt from being properly recorded as a Credit or Debit.
- The date of each Transaction record is now automatically updated when you change the date of the Receipt that contains those Transactions are on.
- Changed the results of a Pregnancy Test to be Pregnant or Open instead of Positive or Negative. Added two new choices: Preg. Recheck and Open Recheck.
- Restructured List Formats section of the Reports screen to make it easier to select your desired List.
- Many cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.7, September 16, 2011
- Fixed a bug where a fresh installation (of FlockFiler Pro v1.0.6) wouldn't automatically find a v1.0.6 backup file when you first launched the new installation even if a v1.0.6 backup file was properly present in the Backups folder. (The "Erase & Use Pro Backup Copy" button still worked though.)
- Macintosh version is now updated for Mac OS X Lion (10.7) compatibility.
- The updater now accommodates users who moved their FlockFiler folder from the default installation location.
- The updater now preserves the user's customized spelling dictionary.
- The inbreeding calculation will no longer fail when presented with a record having an invalid cross-reference for a parent, e.g. a Sire ID specified for a sire record that doesn't exist.
- The dedicated list screen for the Ram Measurements table now works properly.
- Fixed an obscure bug in the user interface for the Find feature. This only was seen when entering invalid searches on the Breeding screen.
- Added a new Supplemental menu to provide easy access to new functionality provided in optional module files. The Supplemental menu is automatically hidden if there are no supplemental module files. This feature provides a new mechanism for providing new functionality to FlockFiler without requiring a complete update to FlockFiler.
- Removed support for reading in data from the limited release FlockFiler Pro beta version 0.99d. FlockFiler Pro still imports data from FlockFiler Pro versions going back to v1.0.0.
- Fixed the (currently unused) FM_Evaluate() function inside the Lua scripting plug-in.
- The Pregnancy Test button now supports rapid data entry for entering the test results of many ewes.
- When reading in the data from FlockFiler Lite, the FlockFiler Lite license is now imported along with it.
- The progress message when importing from FlockFiler Lite now displays the name of the file it is importing from.
- The web viewer screen to display the results of a "Lua Scripts-->Run Script:" can now display more than just HTML. It can now display any MIME data type the web viewer supports natively.
- Some cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.6, March 20, 2011
- Fixed a bug in the Assign Breed action that had raised an error when a default breed was provided.
- Find Current Sheep/Ewes/etc. now uses Record Status equals Current instead of General Location equals Here.
- The Ram on the Lambing Worksheet now works to show the correct ram from the Breeding Exposure record.
- Corrected mislabled entries in the Select Field menu used for custom reporting.
- Added script to Find Current Yearlings.
- Weight measurements are now properly exported to a Flock-It-To-Me file.
- Greatly improved user interface for viewing the contents of an arbitrary Flock-It-To-Me file.
- Fixed the default Lua extension scripting language configuration file so that Lua's open() operation works properly to open a file in read-only mode and prohibits writing to files for proper security out-of-the box. Previously all Lua file operations were prohibited.
- Now based on FileMaker 11v3 which improves printing behavior and performance.
- Internal auto-assigned database record serial numbers are now protected from user-tampering to ensure database integrity. Any previous problems with serial number integrity are automatically corrected when reading in data from a previous version.
- The window magnification setting of the main window is now applied to pop-up dialog windows too.
- The behavior of the on-screen Find button and the Find button in the status area is now identical and has an improved user interface.
- Disabled New Record and Delete Record actions while on the Add Offspring, Remove Sheep, and Wean Lambs guided interfaces to reduce confusion about what records are being created or deleted.
- Fixed a bug in the Find scripts for locating Breding Ewes and Breeding Rams.
- Added "Death" as a Log Entry category.
- Altered behavior of the Create Offspring action to isolate the parent and new offspring for easier editing of these new records and ensure that the lamb's location is assigned correctly.
- Removed the unneeded third-party FMTouch plug-in from the installer. It will be put back into the installer when FlockFiler Go (the module for the mobile version) is released.
- Log Entry reports now display the End Date when provided.
- Changed terminology "Registration" and "Register" to "License" throughout.
- User Name and Organization/Farm Name can now contain accented letters and diacritical marks. The User Name and Organization/Farm Name used for the license as issued will be based on non-accented letters, but the user can type in accented replacemnents so that the Home screen displays the name correctly.
- Lists that permit data entry now lets you use the tab key to advance to the next data entry field even if it is in a different record.
- Greatly improved the speed of the scripted Find operations for "Current Lambs" and "Current Yearlings".
- All green magnifying glass buttons now open a new window with the target record when you push the button while holding down the Alt or Option key.
- Many cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.5, October 29, 2010
- Added ToolTips that display descriptive messages when you hold your mouse pointer over a button or tab. These can be turned on or off from the Help menu.
- You can now add a new breed name directly from the sheep's breed assignment menu.
- Added a Record Quality message at the bottom of the Sheep form to alert you to incomplete, inconsistent, or problematic data entry.
- Copy All Records now updates the screen to show progress while copying the records.
- Improved the behavior of the Copy All Records feature to handle custom report lists properly and handle line breaks in the data being copied.
- Added progress indicators when importing from FlockFiler Pro backup data, FlockFiler Lite backup data, and Flock-It-To-Me data.
- "Find Current Lambs" scripted search is now very fast and now uses Record Status instead of General Location to determine which lambs are current.
- Sheep List button now reverts to the default List when clicked with the Alt or Option key held down.
- When you select an ancestor for the pedigree, obvious illogical choices are now excluded, e.g. can't select the same ram for both sire and grandsire.
- Sheep selector dialog auto-fills fewer search criteria.
- Fixed a bug where Inbreeding Relationship values would be random instead of empty until they are recalculated each session.
- Reduced the memory footprint of the Inbreeding Calculations.
- Fixed a bug where the Previous Shearing Date and the Days of Growth weren't calculated properly.
- The Dam's Age is now rounded up or down to the nearest integer instead of always rounded down.
- Fixed a bug in 2-page sheep info report where birth weight and weaning weight weren't displayed correctly.
- Fixed the "Raised Together" list.
- Fixed a bug on the Breed Form that prevented deleting a breed record (after user confirmation) when it was actively being used to label sheep.
- Fixed an obscure bug in Flock-It-To-Me export where the records were exported twice.
- Added a workaround for a FileMaker 11v2 bug on Mac OS X to ensure that exporting a Flock-It-To-Me file with the "replace existing file" option will fully replace the old file.
- Added binary operators and base64 encoding/decoding to the Lua scripting language.
- Many cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.4, September 12, 2010
- Updated the underlying database software to version 11 of the FileMaker runtime executable to improve performance and address a Windows XP graphics display problem. (A distribution for Mac OS X 10.4 using FileMaker 10 is still available for compatibility.)
- Fixed a bug where the Mac OS X version could crash when the inbreeding and relationship calculations are performed.
- Fixed a rare and benign "no privileges" dialog when shutting down FlockFiler Pro.
- Improved performance of importing checkbox values from very old versions of data files.
- The preferred List format is now preserved between sessions.
- The Saved Finds menu now works properly.
- The relationship calculation is performed faster than before and no longer adds to the size of the database file. A consequence is that the relationship values only persist for that session.
- Added average weight to the plot of weights.
- The birthtype/raised type indicator on the Basic screen now is blank instead of 1/1 when the birtype is blank.
- Added Lua scripting as an "embedded language" to enrich the power of calculations, data analysis, and data manipulation.
- A backup file is saved automatically when you exit FlockFiler Pro.
- The inbreeding calculation is provides a progress indicator if it takes more than a few seconds to complete.
- Improved user interface to make it easier to update to a new version and import data from a previous version.
- Added Ram and Wether tabs to the Breeding screen. The correct tab (Ewe, Ram, Wether) is now automatically dispayed when you navigate to that type of sheep. The Ram's breeding exposures are now viewable and searchable using the new Ram tab.
- Improved user interface for the various "Add this to the calendar" buttons. You can now tell if the event has already been added to the calendar.
- Improved behavior of the Back and Foward buttons.
- The Show Backups button now properly shows the Backups folder instead of the parent folder.
- Removed spurious prompt dialog (bug) from the Remove Sheep and Wean Sheep guided interface.
- Fixed the behavior of the Find button on the Weight List form.
- Fixed the Find shortcut key (Control-F or Command-F) on the Weights and Colors screens.
- Many cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.3, July 19, 2010
- Fixed a bug (a typo in this case) in the new license code system that would prevent some of the newly issued codes from working.
Version 1.0.2, July 12, 2010
- Revised license code system to accommodate minor variations in typing user name and organization such as being case-insensitive.
- Added a check for duplicate internal record IDs on launch.
- Find button on sheep screen now puts focus on the "ID and/or Name" field instead of the "Tag(s)" field.
- When pushed from a non-Form sheep screen, the Find button now navigates to the Basic Form instead of the last Form screen visited.
- Improved behavior of the Treatment report to better handle reports with no records in the date range specified.
- Relaxed selection criteria for Select Dam/Select Sire pop-up window. The sex of the selected sheep may now be blank.
- Fixed misbehavior of the Find button on the following forms: Fleece, Milk, and Results of Show.
- Fixed a bug in New Offspring guided interface so that the Group and General Location are assigned correctly to all lambs.
- Fixed a bug in New Offspring guided interface so that the correct "exposed to" and "expected lambing date" info is displayed.
- The Inbreeding Relationship Calculation is now limited to calculating only relationship values for current sheep. This greatly speeds up the calculation for large databases and keeps the file size much smaller.
- Further improved user interface behavior of the Registration page.
- Fixed a minor bug that created innocuous blank records in the JOIN table when importing records from pre-release version 0.9.9.d.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.1, March 1, 2010
- Fixed a bug on the Fleece Form screen that prevented the "New Fleece" button from working.
- Fixed bugs and improved behavior with Delete record feature.
- Fixed a bug in the "Show ... folder" series of buttons so that they work properly on all supported versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Improved the auto-fill aspects of the Create Offspring guided interface.
- Fixed a bug in the Create Offspring guided interface that caused the weight values to be put into the wrong field on the weight record.
- Fixed non-working Find Sheep reports
- Modified the default settings in the Select Sheep dialog to speed up the user's workflow.
- Added check on launch to test if the database files are read-only.
- Improved Registration behavior after importing backup data.
- Improved user interface behavior of the Registration page.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0, February 1, 2010
Initial public product release.